Thursday, August 22, 2013

Black Weirdo at the Lo-Fi in Seattle, WA!

Have you ever been gone out somewhere and realized you dressed for the wrong occasion? This is what happened to me last Saturday. Wanna hear it? Here it goes! My sister and I get a call about an event in Seattle, WA called Black Weirdo at a place called Lo-Fi and you know what they say if the shoe fits...So for our rare single-moms night out we get ready to mingle. Off top with the description from our close friend we think that this is a big hip-hop club night. She cautioned us to get there early and to be ready to stay late! Getting ready for us is an all day event. To be ready to leave by 10:00pm we have to literally start gettin ready at 5:00pm. Now wait! This is not a high maintianence thing! We have to orchestrate meals for the boys, babysitter, make sure to get a run in, spend QT time with the boys,etc. Well, my sis and I get ready like we are going to the club event of the season. I wore a dress that had a deep-V, short, belted at my smallest part with a wide belt and was fitted but not too snug (Gotta watch the love handles). The top of the dress was printed on the top black, grey, and white snow leopard print and the bottom was black. My going out look is usually overly provactive. This is just until I lose the weight and feel comfortable wearing simple, classic night-out attire that shows off my shape. Right now, I feel if you are looking at legs and chest your eyes are not focused on the middle. My sister freshly twisted my locs that day so they I wore them straight down (which I almost never do). I felt some-sort-of-way about that because of my face shape. However, my full make up featuring a smoky eye made me feel a little better. When we arrived at the event, it had a soulful late sixties/ early seventies vibe. People where literally lighting up...if you know what I mean. The atmosphere and crowd attire was a wonderful mix of bohemian and ecclectic, beautiful bold prints, and naturalist sensations. I was as out of place as the Cupid Shuffle at a Rave. Moral: research before you go to events. Don't just look at the flyer look at the people who said they're going (on facebook) and look at pictures of past events. The event overall was big funky-fun but my outfit choice was all wrong. Lesson Learned!!! I enjoy questions and comments!

Stay Fluid,

LQD











2 comments:

  1. "as out of place as the Cupid Shuffle at a rave"....HILARIOUS!!! Like your blog.

    www.iamthatchica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete