Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Something for Nothing!!! Recycling Pays...


Hello All! I am going to go through my empties that I have that I am returning to MAC for their recycle program. For those of you who live in a glam-less cave, the MAC recycle program allows you to bring 6 empties back to recycle and you get a free lipstick! I plan on getting "up the amp", "touch" or "candy yum yum"!!!! I'm so excited!!! I'm absolutely love lipstick more than America loves reality TV!!! I will post pics of which one I chose, once I pick it up.

The first beauty empty I want to talk about is the MAC makeup remover wipes. I will not be purchasing these again. I feel that baby wipes do a very similar job. The product is good for removing makeup but I still felt a strong urge to re-wash my face after and sometimes still had to use eye make-up remover. I have the same results with babywipes and you can guess which ones cheaper!

The next item is MAC fix plus. I liked this product. It is not my favorite make-up setter but works good as a hydrating mist before your treatment product and moisturizer. I do like the recycle program from MAC so I may purchase it again. Honestly, a better before moisturizer hydrater and/or make-up finisher is lavendar water. I get it at Super Supplements already in a spray bottle ready to go (I will post that empty when I run out pretty soon here). Plus the lavendar water is half the price. At the same price point as MAC, Clinque has a Moisture Surge spray that sets make-up, refreshes and is good to use before moisturizers as well. I love this product because it contains Caffeine. It really wakes up the skin!

The MAC concealer is not my favorite it is my second choice! It is a back-up to my Mary Kays concealor (Oprah loves it too.) I only buy MACs concealer if I am mistakingly forgot to order my Mary Kay and there will be a few days before it comes.

The liquid Mineralized foundation was a good product. I just don't really wear foundation. I am a concealor and (sometimes) tinted moisturizer kinda gal! I do want to start wearing a foundation though because ironically the older you get the less foundation you should wear and I want to take advantage of a flawless face before my foundation starts to set in lines (but of course I will never get those...). The only problem I had with this is that I was color-matched in the height of summer so the shade is too dark for my skin now.

OK!!! I do love MAC and I know Ive been hard on them so far. It is only because I think so highly of the brand and expect great things from this medium priced brand! I love, love, love MAC's Skinfinish Mineralized Powder in deep/dark. Its absolutely beautiful it sets make-up and gives you a lit from within glow. I absouletly cannot wait to re-purchase this item!!!!!
Finally, I have the Wonder Woman collection Mascara. NERD ALERT!!! I love Wonder Woman I bought three of the lipglosses and this mascara when the collection came out and would have bought more had they not sold-out in my pined for colors! I also have a lunchbox and watch Justice Leauge...wipe the grin of your face...you have dorky secrets too...I just know it. All in All it was a fantastic mascara (though I could be a little biased because of the packaging) and I would defianetly purchase it again if it was available!!!! Thanks for listening!

Stay Fluid,

LQD








No comments:

Post a Comment