Friday, December 15, 2017

Mysterious Ways

Hey,

Today marked my return to work. I had been on a short term disability for a month and a half. I work in the restaurant business and believe me that's the equivalent to being away for a year or and a half.  There weer new faces and the veteran employees were acting as if I returned from the dead.  I was pleasantly surprised that it was exactly like riding a bike and I exclaimed that more than twice at work. But let me back it up...

I woke up this morning stressed about whether I would remember my clock in code for work and I didn't want to go back to the job...at all...but my pocket demanded it. The number kept repeating in my head and I just didn't trust it. I woke up got my son off to school and started to clean and prepare for work later that evening and my loc client that I had scheduled at 11. I had plans to go to a local technical college to meet with a entry counselor to enroll for an aesthetic program but my ride canceled. I don't drive. God has been working in my life so greatly...the theme being His plan not mine.
 I've talked about my stress over my son's Christmas (due entirely to money issues I created) and as I continue to give it to God, He continues to provide. I charge $45 for a re-twist but I hadn't seen this client in months and his hair was to put it nicely close to becoming one giant loc. I have been twisting his hair at least a couple years now and he usually waits a good twos/ two and a half months to come back but this was a tad ridiculous! It had been at least 5 months since his last re-twist. I am not judging he is a hard working man who definitely puts his family first and I really enjoy our conversations. He found it in his heart to give me extra! Not to mention my online reselling has been sending notifications to Ship, Ship, Ship! God is so good!!!
After my ride cancel I made plans to go into the office that I am hoping to be in full-time to continue to work on quest for funding (I didn't plan on going in today), I was blessed when I was there as well. We did  not-so-secret-santas...I love it in the office it's such a family environment. I can feel all the love and support that flows through this faith based organization. The kind of environment that I have been seeking and thrive in. I am the only one who doesn't know who has me because everyone blabbed who they had before I got there. I absolutely love working there and that made me dread going to my restaurant job even more. I was going through one of the many government funding options and realized I could have it completed within two weeks. I was elated. I would finally be on the career path I wanted sooner than I thought. I ultimately want to run my own business and with my current position as Executive Assistant, I have a first hand view of everything it takes and not to mention the beautiful (inside and out) owner wants me to take on the role of COO (Chief Operating Officer) very soon so she can return to what she loves doing most (which is being out of the office) We are very complimentary where she lacks I have strength and vice versa.

At this point I was still nervous about work. I dreaded that I would hate being back and that I would make so many mistakes. Wrong! The night was amazing! I didn't make that much money compared to a busy night but my customers where wonderful and I remembered that I am good at my job. One table in-particular was amazing. They where full of compliments about my beauty, service and spirit. I mustered up thank yous because I am working on accepting compliments better. They even went as far as to say that I must know Jesus because I have the glow of one who knows God. I had been praying because I struggle with my religious affiliation. I believe in God but not traditionally and I struggle with Jesus. I've been praying that if Jesus is real in the aspect that my Christian upbringing taught me than to let my heart know it. The jury is still out on this.

All in all, my day turned out to be a loose version of what I originally planned and held almost none of the preconceived negative notions that I wasted time fretting about.  I used to get off work and head straight over to the bar or a grocery store for alcohol. i blamed stress from the job at the time instead of my ragging alcohol. I had no desire to drink, I am beyond tired so I am going to wrap this up (I apologize that this blog is all over the place as well) but I will add that I have plans for tomorrow but I only want God's plans for tomorrow to happen. This won't stop this controlling anxiety-ridden person, who has lists for their lists ,from planning but it does remind me to seek God's will and not my own. Thanks for listening! Blessings!


Stay Fluid,

LQD


Before work...Glow On!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment