Thursday, January 11, 2018

Can't slip

Greetings,

Last week I slid by with two posts but I can't keep slippin! I am going to make it a point to post three times a week. I have to stick to my guns *pew pew* Ne who... I am going to take a break from resolutions posting today and talk about a monthly subscription box I truly think is worth it!
We are Onyx curates a monthly subscription box that is geared toward women of color. It cost $25 a month but the value always comes to way over that, December's box had over $82 dollars worth of product. Every month you receive hair and beauty products that celebrate melanin! I would like to point out that celebration of melanin is not degradation of those without.

I have had other subscriptions and found myself only able to use maybe one of the products that come in the box and it just wasn't worth my money. Even if I entered my profile and answered the questionnaires, I would end up with too light colors, styling mousses etc month after month that just seemed like a waste of my coin. I can't always use all the items in the Onyx boxes but more often than not I end up getting more than my moneys worth out of the products that I can use.

This months box had six items but it varies every month between 4 to 6 items.

December's box included:

Iman Cosmetics- Luxury Moisturizing Lipstick- $10 I received Iman Red

Makeup For Ever- Aqua XL Eye Pencil- $9 in Black

Manna Kadar Beauty- Glo Illuminator- $29

Leyla Milani Hait- Miracle Brush- $23

'Tini Beauty- Nail Lacquer- $10.50

And my Bonus gift was Hair Infinity Vitamins sample (value unknown)

I am not going to lie this was not my favorite box that I have received. However there were some stars and the artwork on the box made up for it! I am super excited to try the lipstick, I've never owned or tried any Iman cosmetics and I have a very special love affair with lipstick. I am ashamed to say I have a lipstick addiction and still despite my effort to pare down probably own over 100 lip products....I digress


The eyeliner has me itching to break it out as well. Makeup For Ever is another brand I have not tried or owned before. Who doesn't love a good black eyeliner especially of it doesn't smudge.

Next hit for me is the Manna Kadar illuminator looks intriguing and I haven't heard of this brand before. I  LOVE to glow and I even wear illuminator on my no makeup or light makeup days...This one has pretty pink iridescence that when swatched on my hand didn't leave an ashy cast. This box allows me to try so many brands that I may have never thought to stop and buy or even heard of for that matter. So far my total of product value vs what I paid for the box is $48 vs $25.

The brush, I am using for my son as I have locs and do not brush my hair.  So technically, you can add that to my value vs what I paid calculation:. $71 vs $25.

The hair vitamins only came with a seven day supply so I doubt that is time enough to determine their effectiveness but at least I was introduced to yet another brand. I don't know the value so we are still at $71 value for $25.

Last but not least, is the nail polish. I looked at it and it was a definite giveaway. Mainly because of the color. However, I have found that even when a product doesn't work for me that comes in the box I immediately know someone that I can gift the product to, in this case, I know my boss' daughter Marion would love the hot pink glittery concoction. I wholeheartedly recommend this box and the customer service is excellent! My next box has shipped and it's taken everything in me not to check the spoiler sites to see what it holds. Yet, when I am really honest with myself, I like to be surprised. Once again I am not being paid, compensated or coerced in anyway by We Are Onyx to write this post. They don't even have a referral link (that I know about anyway).

Check um out at www.weareonyx.com

Let me know if you want reviews on the products after I try them. Thanks for listening!!!!
Stay Fluid,

LQD







No comments:

Post a Comment