Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy New Year!

Salutations,

This month I am writing my blogs around my resolutions. One of my many resolutions I have is to blog at least 3 times a week! I hope that with this effort my blog will grow and I can reach more people who are interested in my content. It has been hard for me to consistently blog because previously, I let things get in the way of my passions. 2018 will be different! Look forward to hearing from me at least 3 times a week. I am aiming for a Monday. Wednesday, Friday posting schedule but the ultimate goal is just to have at least three of these blogs up.

Coming into this year I actually wrote down my goals. Granted, I didn't do so until the 1st but they were written down none the less. The first goal I want to talk about surrounds sleep. I had some un-amazing relationships in 2017 with people who took advantage of my kindness. I let these individuals take over my room for various reasons. I don't want to get into too much detail but let's just say I developed a habit of sleeping on the couch. I would estimate that I slept on my couch, falling asleep to the T.V about 340 days out of last year. Needless to say, I formed a habit. When I went to return to sleeping in my room I was met by my dear friend anxiety. I thought it would be impossible for me to fall asleep without the T.V on in the background or the familiarity of the couch. However, I stuck to my guns and have been sleeping in my room, in my tiny twin bed the last few nights. I didn't always have a twin btw, I let one of my ex's take my pillow top mattress becaus...well she lived in it. My son still finds me at night and sleeps with me. I do have to say there is a lot more room for us on the bed than the couch. This equates to better sleep because I have not gotten kicked or slapped by him in his sleep since the couch to bed transition. Winning!!!!

I need to talk to my doctor about my sleep patterns. I have been waking up every two and a half to three hours and after five hours I feel as though I could get up and go about my day. I have been making myself lay the eff back down but I don't exceed seven hours and haven't slept straight through the night. I've never claimed to be normal but this doesn't seem right. Also, I want to start reading before bed. I have been off my reading game and I've always had a passion for reading. I'm assuming that this will help eliminate my before bedtime anxiety as well.

I started with sleep as the first resolution to talk about because getting a good nights sleep is important to all areas of health. It is a basic fundamental thing that I have been taking for granted. It helps you stay young, beautiful, and slim. It's important for brain function and it helps me stay stable. Bipolar people like myself benefit from set schedules and a full nights sleep. When I was drinking I used to be a night owl and now I am perfectly fine with going to bed at 10 pm and definitely way more of a morning person. I am trying to get my ideal schedule down but I seem to be brighter, happier and more productive in the mornings.

I hope your New Year has gotten off to a marvelous start! I would love feedback and questions from you!  And as always,

Stay Fluid,

LQD


So went full Glam to watch the fireworks at the Space Needle. I have on
Kiss lashes: they started with an R and are winged lashes
ELF eyeshadows
Hard Candy loose glitter
*This was my first cut crease and I think it came out great!*
ELF foundation in Coco (black cap and pump)
Wet n Wild eye liner
Ruby Kisses brow powder and gel
Shea Mouisture Bronzer
Tarte Shape Tape Concealor 
Elf highlight powder baked gems
*if you want more details on the look let me know!*


I haven't did pipe cleaner curls and forever. I forgot how cute they are when in the set and when you take them down! *If you want details on that let me know!*
Scarf: H&M
Jacket: Hot Topic Gotham Selina Kyle Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment